Statewide Aquatic Invasive Species Advisory Committee Member Application
|The Statewide Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Advisory Committee advises the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) on its Aquatic Invasive Species Program. The 15 members and five ex-officio members bring a range of personal and professional experience to the discussion on preventing the spread of invasive plants and animals in our lakes, rivers, and wetlands.|
The following outcomes are outlined in the Committee Charter:
· Excellent recommendations for improving DNR’s AIS program, including but not limited to review of current field operations, programs, research, policies and outreach materials.
· Effective suggestions and advice to other organizations on their AIS-related activities.
· Shared understanding among committee members of AIS issues and their impacts on citizens, lakeshore property owners, and recreationalists, as well as public, private, business, and non-profit organizations.
|Stakeholders appointed as members of the Committee have a range of personal and professional experiences with AIS issues, represent different parts of the state, are demographically diverse, have various recreational interests, have diverse educational backgrounds, and represent a range of private, nonprofit and public sector organizations that are actively engaged in AIS issues.|
|General Terms of Appointment|
· The DNR Commissioner determines all appointments for up to four-year terms, based on recommendations from division managers.
· The DNR Commissioner will also consider such factors as interests, knowledge, experience, demography, and geographic distribution to maintain a mix of participation.
· Appointees may request mileage reimbursement but they are not eligible for a per diem.
· Appointees are not paid and must abide by requirements pertaining to potential conflicts of interest.
· Appointees are expected to participate in one meeting per month January through April and August through November (8 per year) in person or by phone or Skype with DNR support.
· Meetings are usually from 10AM to 3PM in a central Minnesota location. Some individual work is done between meetings as well.
|If you are interested in becoming a member, read and fill out the application information on the following pages. It should take less than 20 minutes to complete. Applications are due by 11:59PM on Tuesday November 21, 2017.|| |